LED BY: Carla Cassler, DAOM, L.Ac. and Ravyn Stanfield, LAc. DOM, M.Ac, NCCAOM Dipl.
In the aftermath of hurricanes, floods, fires, Covid-19, and the ongoing fight against police brutality, acupuncturists will be called upon to address enormous amounts of trauma and the tools for trauma informed care will be more essential than ever. This course draws on AWB’s 15 years of responding to trauma around the world, to provide inspiration, practical case studies, and all the clinical and organizational tools you need to start this community rebuilding NOW. This course will prepare you to provide community-style acupuncture to people impacted by natural disasters, environmental devastation, disease, social injustice and human conflict. The focus is on how to provide trauma prevention and recovery care to impacted communities in times of crisis.
- The physiological, social and psychological factors in trauma patterns
- Sociological sources of trauma
- Clinical tools for trauma prevention
- How to set up disaster response projects in the community
- How to work safely on mobile teams and in community settings
- Cultural humility considerations when providing trauma-informed care
- Self help and safety for practitioners working in the field in crisis situations.
- Understand the physiological, social and psychological factors that can create trauma patterns;
- Review the NADA 5 NP for community-style treatments, including point location and treatment safety;
- Understand the description of how to set up field clinics for trauma relief;
- Understand the importance of how to work safely and effectively as a team when delivering care in the field
HOURS: 9am - 6pm daily
COST: Currently, $399 (Early Bird discount); regularly $399
AWB Members & Students use code Member50 to receive a discount
CANCELLATION POLICY: AWB will grant refunds for cancellations as follows: 75% refunded if canceled more than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the selected training. 25% refunded if registration is canceled up to 1 week prior to the first day of the selected training. NO refunds will be made for cancellations less than a week prior to the first day of the selected training, although there will be credit granted for future training if it is within one calendar year. There will be a $35.00 processing fee for each postponed registration.